- In heat stations, the domestic water temperature can be adjusted to the desired temperature between 20 and 70 °C using hydraulic, thermal or both control systems. DAF Energy’s heat stations guarantee a constant hot water temperature regardless of changes in the flow rate.
- The hot water demand, determined according to the size of the home and number of occupants, is met without waiting time through the plate heat exchanger.
Health There is no storage of hot water and the risk of “legionella” is eliminated as it is prepared at the time of need.
Why Heat Station?• Less Labor• Less Cost• Longer Life
Investment Advantages• In buildings where domestic hot water demand is met by heat stations, 3 main pipes are required. •Boiler supply line • Boiler return line • Cold water network line • Since the domestic hot water is prepared in the heat station at the time of need, there is no need for equipment such as boiler, hot water pump, pump panel, boiler calorimeters, hot water meters.
Advantages of Operation and Maintenance• All pipes in the station are made of AISI 316 quality stainless steel and all other fittings are made of MS58 brass and AISI 316 quality stainless material, which provides high resistance to corrosion.• The plate heat exchangers are manufactured in accordance with international standards and are made of AISI 316 quality stainless steel with copper brazing, which is resistant to corrosion and calcification. The hydraulic connection and the thermal balance taken into account in the design of the system prevent the formation of lime scale.• Cold water and heat meters, installed inside or outside the station, determine the amount of water and heat consumed by each apartment, and these values are taken into account in the distribution of costs• Boiler return temperatures can be maintained at 50°C and below, making it easy to use condensing boilers.
Heat Station Components and Benefits
Advantages of a Heat Station in terms of Both Cost and Comfort
Advantages of the Heat Station:
- There is no need for a separate natural gas line for each apartment. •There is no risk of poisoning because the combustion process does not take place inside the home. • There is no need to install circulation lines as in boiler systems. It is sufficient to install a return line from the boiler to the heating station. •Since the hot water is prepared as soon as it is needed according to the principle of instantaneous heating, energy losses are eliminated and there is no need for equipment such as boiler, hot water pump, pump panel, boiler calorimeters, hot water meters. It provides investment advantage. •As there is no water storage, the risk of “legionella” is eliminated. •Together with a space heating system that can be integrated with calorimeters, it provides “independence” (pay-as-you-go), which is considered an advantage of the boiler. Moreover, it does this with a central heating system that is much more efficient than a combi boiler.
Disadvantages of Boilers:
- Piping installation costs are high. •They take up a lot of space in machine rooms. •High operating and maintenance costs. •Heat loss is high. •Since water is stored, the risk of Legionnaire’s disease is very high. • In cases where the water is drained or the boiler pressure drops, “boiler collapse” caused by the pressure of the heating circuit in the wall is common in practice. The collapsed boiler becomes unusable. It should never be used in high buildings over 20 m high. A closed circuit with a pressure of 2 bar exerts about 50 tons of force on the wall in case of boiler collapse.
Disadvantages of Combi Boiler
- The initial investment cost is high in multi-storey apartment buildings. Except for small apartments with 3-4 flats, it is always more expensive. • Their efficiency is low. Operating costs are higher than those of centralized systems. • It is relatively less safe than other systems, since it is a combustion process inside the apartment. • It works with natural gas and is not compatible with different types of sources. • Temperature fluctuations may occur with multiple hot water usage.